4 spanish Majolica tiles
A set of 4 tiles with Acanthus leaves made in the first half of the 17th century. This design was first mentioned in 1570 when King Philip II ordered several thousand tiles of this design in blue in Talavera. Later this design in polychrome was produced in Seville and also Barcelona. Tiles are in very good condition with beautiful bright glaze. Sides and corners with some glaze chips. Some glaze bubbles to glaze. Backside cut to all four sides, which is usually the case for these early spanish tiles.
Interested to buy?